- He must have experience within fixed equipment inspection, maintenance and/or design and have a working understanding of commonly used design and fabrication codes for pressure vessels, process piping and tankage.
- He must have Basic level of materials engineering knowledge/experience & damage mechanisms to aid specification/assessment of suitable materials and their fabrication as part of the design or repair process.
- He must have the knowledge of and experience in using mechanical design tools and basic elastic finite element analysis.
Use specialized expertise in Mechanical Engineering in supporting the refinery to ensure equipment & piping integrity and safe & reliable units operation.
- Provide mechanical engineering support to site operating units through the Inspection & Equipment Reliability Section. Main activities will be relating to fixed equipment FFS assessments, repair specification, re-rate assessments and failure investigations using the working understanding of commonly used design and fabrication codes for pressure vessels, process piping and tankage.
- Apply his knowledge of and experience in using mechanical design tools for pressure vessels, tankage, piping (inclusive of piping flexibility and dynamic analysis) and basic elastic finite element analysis, to support design verification and FFS assessment.
- Provide technical support in reviewing and approving mechanical repair proposals (including, but not limited to, mechanical clamps, composite wrap … etc). Also, providing mechanical engineering support in all mechanical issues/ concerns.
- Provide Mechanical support in providing clarification/validation to engineering contractors (both on-site and off-site) on mechanical issues.
- Assure all relevant Industry Design codes and Company Standards are used and correctly interpreted and applied