- Provides active finance support and improvement actions to ensure achievement of Marketing & Sales business targets, such as Demand Orders & Revenues, Front End Cost to Serve (Cost of Sales and Sales & General Admin Expenses), Division & product group mix, segment mix, front end inventory, overdues, EBITA, Cash flow, NPV, rebates and commercial operations effectiveness.
: Understands the Business drivers, the current and long-term strategy and identifies opportunities for Finance to add value to the Business. Sets and implements Finance strategy in the organization in line with Corporate, BA & relevant divisions strategies covering expertise, competencies, and organization design. Supports local Marketing & Sales Manager in customer and markets driven strategies to ensure demand generation and profitable growth.
Financial Reporting and Business Information -
In coordination with the Corporate, BA, relevant division & Finance GBS, establishes and oversees processes and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information. Ensures high quality of financial data and business information in line with defined standards and financial closing schedules. Performance analysis, review & proposal for actions to management supporting business performance. Drives appropriate cost structure, productivity optimization, and capital efficiency. Manages and closely monitors the cash flow and takes action to improve Net Working Capital. Enforces Corporate, BA, relevant division specific finance policies, and applicable local reporting and filing requirements.
- Ensures accuracy and effectiveness of commercial processes including market price positioning, rebate and discount schemes, quotation, sales price management, credit and collection management in the assigned countries. Identifies, accounts for and manages potential risks in the country relating to frame and other contractual agreements with particular focus on integrity and compliance on distributor and channel partners. Engages with Commercial Operations and Regional Distribution Centers (RDC) in the country/region Internal Controls Compliance & Risk Management - Identifies and communicates commercial and financial risks and opportunities from business propositions. Executes risk review procedures and processes in line with global policies and standards to minimize commercial and financial risks and exposure. Ensures transparency in financial reporting and disclosures. Defines and implements internal controls regarding financial and non-financial operations. Ensures compliance with corporate and country standards, regulations, and guidelines. Supports internal and external audits.
Implements, monitors and maintains Local BATs in adherence to the Corporate Regulations and Group Governance Framework.
Communication with Internal Stakeholders
- Ensures timely and efficient communication with relevant Local/Country/Division/Region Controllers, Accounting Center, and other internal customers to identify and discuss issues for improvement of operations, work quality and efficiency for area of responsibility.
- Ideally you'll hold a University/College Degree in Finance, Economics, Business or equivalent.
- 5- 10 years’ experience in finance or controllership experience in a global matrix multinational environment.
- Broad finance functional knowledge and expertise, including full range of functional finance skills: finance controlling, planning, FP&A.
- Intercultural sensitivity and effectiveness - function well across cultures & act as facilitator between cultures
- Teamwork & collaboration - actively demonstrate teamwork & facilitate collaboration
- Strong partnering, project management, consultation, collaboration, change management and influencing skill
- Extensive experience working on contemporary Finance enterprise resource management (ERP) systems (e.g. SAP, etc.).
- Fluent in English communication is required.