The role of the Technology Commercialization Lead is to provide strategy and project management leadership, and to define and implement technology commercialization strategies that deliver value through deployments in group business operations and, where applicable, through market adoption of in-house developed technologies and company-owned IP outside of company or company's joint ventures. Working with key stakeholders, the Technology Commercialization Lead recommends and implements preferred technology commercialization strategies, taking into consideration relevant commercial risks and uncertainties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering discipline, an advance degree (MBA/ Finance) is preferable.
- At least 12 years of combined experience in a minimum of three of the following functions: research, development, operations, business development, consulting and finance. Note that this experience may have been gained in upstream oil and gas operations, midstream, downstream, chemicals, natural gas distribution, energy services, alternative or renewable energy, engineering and/or technology innovation.
- At least five years commercializing complex inventions stemming from work in one of the following disciplines: oil and gas, alternative energy, engineering, refining, chemical, and/or digital solutions.
- At least five years of experience in product development and/or technology marketing, with a deep exposure to energy-related and/or software-related technology licensing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You will be required to perform the following:
- Engages with research and development functions, as well as with business and engineering stakeholders to identify, evaluate, develop and support technology programs that offer long-term global competitive differentiation.
- Builds a shared understanding of long-term business needs, the underlying technology challenges, and minimum performance criteria for a fit-for-purpose technology solution.
- Defines a value proposition for a minimum viable product/solution that satisfies defined business needs, and validates market-specific use cases.
- Develops and delivers a technology commercialization and deployment plan for each recommended technology, including intellectual property (IP) licensing opportunities.
- Works with relevant business organizations to prioritize projects and sharpen strategies in line with commercial opportunities, revenue requirements and strategic fit.