Mac Support Engineer
Duration: 1 year
•Administers client management tools such as SCCM and JAMF.
• Designs, develops, tests and deploys new packages and amended software components within complex system programs.
• Develops scripts in accordance to agreed development and security standards and processes and increases security awareness.
• Packages and deploys operating systems, updates, patches, and creates OS images and configuration changes across the university, using SCCM and JAMF and any other necessary tools.
• Performs Windows and Mac systems administration.
• Analyzes operating system logs and identifies potential issues with computer systems.
• Installs, configures and Performs routine audits on new hardware and software
• Preforms tests and Reviews new requirements and specifications
• Analyses and reports test activities and results.
• Identifies and reports issues and risks associated with own work.
• Checks the Configuration for software and equipment and tests platform-specific versions of one or more software products.
• Generates and reports the outcome of testing and identifies potential improvements to the process and to the software products according to agreed designs and standards.
• Reviews requirements and specifications, and defines test conditions. Designs test cases and test scripts under own direction, mapping back to pre-determined criteria, recording and reporting outcomes. Analyses and reports test activities and results.
• Installs, secures and maintains servers and end user systems including system performance tuning and responds to service outages.
• Ensures following the release processes and make sure that procedures are maintained.
• Supervises and trains computer operators, and acts as the consultant for computer problems beyond the knowledge of technical support staff.
• provides individual and group training on computer technologies to faculty and staff across University.
• Provides operational support for High End Scientific workstations that are distributed to end-users for specialized requests such as simulations, graphics, and HPC. Workstations primarily run Linux with some being Windows operating system.
• Troubleshoots and repairs hardware, distributes workstations to end-users, reports incidents, escalates problems, installs software and operating systems, tests the workstations and ensure proper functionality.
• Mentors and guides junior employees (inside and outside the department).