We are seeking an Accounting/Financial Analyst to join the Client's Medical Services Management Department (MSMD). MSMD in its primary role as a governance organization, oversees provision of cost effective and quality healthcare to Client's Eligible patient population by different providers including a Joint Venture(JV) with Johns Hopkins Medicine International and a Third-Party Administrator(TPA) agreement with BUPA Arabia whilst also governing operational performance of providers using key performance indicators (KPIs) and maintaining compliance with KSA government regulations and directives.
- You must hold a Bachelors degree in one of the following: Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related discipline. Masters Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Preferred professional qualifications include Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Saudi Org of Certified Public Accountant (SOCPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- You will have at least 10 years diversified accounting and finance experience preferably in the health care sector or related industries, with a strong track record in delivering proven results.
- Candidate must have a sound knowledge of applicable International Financial Reporting
- Standards (IFRS), International Standards on Auditing (ISA) and KSA tax legislation.
- In parallel or subsequently, you will have at least 10 years experience in healthcare related management of multiple businesses reporting to board of managers. Experience with the management of Joint Ventures and the complexities of managing the compliance with complex JV agreements would be a distinct advantage.
- The candidate should be able to work both independently and in collaboration with the full Medical Services Management Department team, which is comprised of diverse subject matter experts with deep knowledge across medical, planning and financial fields. The candidate should also be a strong leader and have the ability to delegate and manage small teams.
- The candidate should have the ability to read and assess large and complex reports and board materials quickly and to be able to extract key matters and construct and deliver high-quality powerpoint presentations to multiple audiences up to board and SVP levels
- Excellent ability to communicate in professional spoken English with peers as well as members of management, and be able to produce clear and concise oral and written reports in English. Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel is essential with experience of financial modelling techniques and data analysis preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide Oversight fiscal responsibility over JHAH and TPA annual budget
- Reviews JHAH's monthly budget iteration in order to evaluate assumptions driving fluctuations in costs on a monthly basis, inclusion of the six COF no margin items, exclusion of Additional Service Agreement COF no margin, correlations between budget line-items (ex. reduction of TSAs and increases in other vendor costs), agreement with major line-items and shareholder approved amounts, royalty, and knowledge transfer
- Review JV or TPA financial reports and forecasts on operating income statements and capital plans & expenditures, manpower budgets, investments, the consolidated financial position and prepares supporting variance analysis. Reviews Affiliates financials and provides analytical support to proponents.
- Identify cost savings opportunities during the budget review cycle and provided recommendations to JV and JV Partners
- Responsible for supporting negotiated changes to the JV agreements. Be part of the negotiation team on changes and responsible for understanding and communicating the financial and wider implications of all changes
- Preparing pre-briefing materials and presentations for Board of Management and various board committee meetings. Reviewing the books of materials issued by JHAH for these meetings and condensing the information. Advising on the introduction of other agenda items. Attendance at the meetings to support the MSMD Director and SAO board members as required
- Assess the reasonableness of income tax assumptions and calculation methodology
- Evaluate the feasibility of dividend distributions
- Prepare ad-hoc financial forecasts, reports and other analyses
- Undertake special studies and data analysis to support and facilitate Management decision making such as the financial feasibility and impact of proposed financial transactions related to new services and purchases, employee and vendor disbursements in accordance with company policy and guidelines and performance benchmarking
- Assist in the financial modelling & investment/divestiture analysis, asset valuations and financial due diligence and entity setup activities as applicable.
- Provide financial accounting and analytical support to MSMD Accounting Section Head as assigned. Participates in the development, recommendation and implementation of changes to accounting policies, internal procedures, controls and systems.