The Senior Manager, Business Partner will collaborate with IT and Business teams at all levels to identify, assess, and drive recommendations for the adoption of technology solutions that achieve business operational outcomes and strategic goals. The Senior Manager will coordinate across various shared services groups within IT and other functions to successfully analyze, align, integrate, document, and enable new capabilities for Client and our affiliates.
Knowledge/ Experience and Skills:
- Business Relationship Management: Collaborate and partner with the business to enable and support strategic programs and projects. Manage business expectations and alignment to business requirements. Develop and present material to gain alignment and approval from functional area colleagues.
- Corporate Accounting Business Process Expert: Provide Business process insight to Client Controllership, Accounting and Finance colleagues. Able to speak the business language and provide options to solve a problem.
- Business Analyst: Lead the requirement gathering effort, analyze business needs, perform gap analysis, decompose abstract and complex details/concepts into business and functional requirements, develop business cases with defined solution recommendations and vendor evaluations, evaluate and qualify opportunities, and define measurable business outcomes.
- Identify opportunities for business process and technology improvements, provide key insight toward development of multi-year strategic roadmaps, partner with development teams to execute projects.
- Subject Matter Resource: Provide techno-functional working knowledge to assist in evaluating improvements in business process and execution.
- Business Partner will maintain awareness of industry trends and provide recommendations to facilitate decision making and have knowledge for at least two functional areas.
- Support of Principal Business Partner: Assist Principal Business Partner in assigned area with various tasks to include but not limited to building and maintaining the project area portfolio, assessing leading quality platforms to determine which would best meet business needs, and leading and managing demand management, estimation/ prioritization, and building business cases.
- Participate in the development of annual budgets and periodic forecasts, including managing the IT budget for assigned projects and related technology platforms.
- Lead technology governance processes and coordinate closely with the IT Portfolio and Project Management Office to drive initiatives.
- Minimum of 8 years of Life Sciences experience required, with 5+ years in supporting specific function area(s) in an IT customer facing role.
- Deep understanding of the end-to-end Corporate Accounting and finance processes, and partner with the Client solution architects to deliver the end-to-end solution.
- SAP S/4HANA systems functional and implementation experience:
- Good high-level knowledge and experience of the SAP S4 Cloud ecosystem
- SAP S/4HANA systems functional and implementation experience
- Should have very good knowledge of key End to End Business processes in the S/4HANA
- Landscape (RTR, OTC & STP-D)
- In addition to having exposure to end-to-end processes also understands the integration aspects of RTR, OTC and STP-D
- Conversant with the integration aspects of S4 with other third-party applications such as Concur, Anaplan, 3PL’s etc.
- Work collaboratively and independently to map and document the “As Is” and “To-be” flows
- Create or update Business & User Requirement Specification
- Ability to translate user requirements into technical/project deliverables
- Assist management in coordination of requirements and deliverables received from key stakeholders
- Document detailed business process (user perspective) design for end to end flow
- Business activities for cutover (Data migration & validation)
- User Acceptance testing support to ensure solution & process readiness
- Manage the delivery of the project, and facilitate change management
- Insights and knowledge of leading technology trends and best practices which are improving the processes and strategic decision making in supported areas.
- Working knowledge of key processes within the relevant business area and various regulations governing the pharmaceutical industry.
- Broad business and IT capability awareness with hands on experience using or implementing functional area specific applications.
- Experience working with globally distributed business and IT teams, especially in Japan, EU and India.
- Superior business analyst skills including process design, documentation, problem solving, and presentation skills with the ability to influence, drive action with all levels including senior leadership with demonstrated executive presence.
- Organizational change management, issues & conflict management, business-technology innovation and transformation experience.
- Multiple success in delivering new capabilities using system development life cycle (SDLC) practices.
- Up to 20% travel is required, based upon business needs.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree; preferably, a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or adjacent fields.
- Advanced degree in in sciences, business administration, or pharmaceuticals is desirable.