We are seeking an experienced Heater Specialist Engineer to join our Global Manufacturing Excellence Team within our Global Manufacturing Support Department (GMSD).GMSD is a multi-disciplinary organization with interface to technical, and in some cases business, support requirements of Domestic Refining & NGL Fractionation Admin Area and Affiliates. Its function caters mainly to the technical needs of Global Manufacturing, operating facilities management, and driving the performances of operating facilities in executing corporate programs and initiatives towards operational excellence and value creation. Your primary role will be to provide technical support to operating facilities, projects, technology deployment, and talent development of young Engineers. You will conduct special studies and analysis in a specialized asset integrity field.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You must hold a Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering.
- You should have a minimum of 15 years experience across the refinery and/or petrochemical, with minimum 7 years in Fired Equipment specialty. You must have worked within Hydrocarbon Facilities (preferably Refineries).
- A broad set of skills and knowledge encompassing fired heaters, flares, incinerators, boilers, SCRs, and similar systems including auxiliaries, related to Refining, NGL, and petrochemical industries.
- Deep code knowledge of ASME Section VIII Divisions 1 & 2, ASME Section I, API-530, API-535, API-537, API-560, API-579, API-936 and NFPA standards, etc. applicable to fired equipment.
- Significant experience in inspection and failure analysis of fired equipment.
- Knowledge of basic and advanced NDE techniques related to fired equipment.
- Deep understanding of remaining life calculations of heater tubes.
- Understanding of Refractory design and repair is desirable.
- Conduct simple and complex analyses related to the design, specification, and applications engineering tasks associated with fired equipment such as Boiler and Furnaces etc.
- Evaluate, select, specify and engineer fired equipment packages suitable for design needs for reliable, cost-effective, and efficient operation.
- Select and implement appropriate designs for fired equipment.
- Perform field troubleshooting & technical assessment for Fired Equipment (like Boiler & Furnaces)
- Participate on major T&Is and emergency plant shutdowns.
- Provide technical support to maintenance support organizations.
- Calculate the remaining life of heater tubes and provide a safe and optimized tube replacement schedule.
- Perform investigations of fired equipment failures to identify root cause and to prevent reoccurrence of such failures.
- Develop repair procedures as required.
- Review detailed drawings and material specification as requested.
- Participate in HAZOP Studies review.