The Perishables Head's main tasks are receiving, storing, staging, and merchandising all perishables and cross merchandise products. He is responsible for training new staff, completing daily shift tasks such as stocking inventory, full-cycle inventory, providing customer service, suggesting specific items for meal preparation, proposing new product lines to reduce shrinkage, minimizing spoilage, following all health and safety standards.
- Manage and ensure the day-to-day operations are running smoothly.
- Monitor sales activities to ensure that customers receive best-in-class service and quality goods as or above-set standards.
- Maintain procedures and processes that ensure 100% product rotation according to date and quality-driven parameters.
- Maintain accurate physical inventory counts on perishable foods.
- Review staff performance, supervise and train staff.
- Ensure product availability and service level at any point of time and ensure that the presentation of goods is in line with agreed plans.
- Ensure freshness of the offered goods within the set internal quality standards and requirements as applicable in Saudi regulations.
- Degree or diploma in food service or any related field will significantly boost the chances of being selected for this job.
- Must possess a positive attitude, work with various people, and cooperate with coworkers efficiently.
- +5 to 8 years of experience is the primary factor needed to fill this position.
❖ Great knowledge:
Food safety and hygiene.
Packaging and wrapping.
Reduce and control the waste.