1. Creating new coffee blends.
2. Products expiration test
3. Solve problems with products that are not required by customers.
4. Researching new coffee beverages in the market and evaluating all similar products.
5. Creating new flavors of coffee (Cold & Hot Drinks), to attract the largest segment of customers.
6. Searching for new coffee drinks, especially in competitor's cafes.
7. Creating a new recipe book for coffee beverages.
8. R&D specialist is usually responsible for overseeing the entire development process of new products.
9. Keep track of all the costs related to the creation of these new products.
10. The R&D specialist should also stay informed on what is happening in the research and development field at large in order to make sure their company is up-to-date and current with the most advanced R&D developments.
11. Complete all food costing of ingredients for the products developed.
12. Develop and refine specifications for new and/or existing products.