To procure all refinery high/value technical nature materials, chemicals, equipment and spare parts, in accordance with end-users requirements and in line with company's established Purchasing Procedures.
- 12+ years relevant experience preferably in an oil refinery or Petrochemical Plant
- Strong knowledge of purchasing activities for refineries and purchasing principles and practices
- To apply skillful negotiating techniques with suppliers to achieve major savings to the company.
- Co-ordinate /negotiate stocking of material with major suppliers.
- Identify reliable sources of supplies for the supply of quality material at the best total value.
- Maintains communication with local and overseas affiliates & suppliers to ensure all materials and equipment ordered are delivered on or before the required on site date. Responds to and action staff work as delegated by the purchasing & logistics Superintendent Manager.