We are looking for a Senior Finance Advisor, who will play an integral role within the Aluminium Finance team, in the Finance Business Partner Function. This role is based in Kitimat, British Columbia.
This is a great opportunity for a strategic and engaging individual to shape the business strategy and oversee its implementation.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the Finance Business Partner – BC Works, and working a Monday to Friday schedule, you will:
- Ensure that health and safety is the top priority by following policies and procedures and always acting in a safe manner
- Work alongside operational teams to help the site manage business performance: to assist in the plan execution while tracking against actual expenses; to identify threats and opportunities; and to offer guidance and stimulate ideas for forecasts
- Simplify and communicate financial information across the site with a clear focus on empowering employees at all levels and making them proactive in their decision making
- Focus on value creation and optimization opportunities and ensure initiatives are properly carried out
- Coordinate reporting on cost management and value creation
- Analyse and interpret financial results to address the right levers for maximizing value
- Prepare and review financial models to evaluate the business case for financial investments
- Participate in budget setting and forecasting
- Assist the company in targeting the most profitable initiatives to maximize value
- Oversee compliance with internal financial controls, while maintaining high ethical standards