Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work alongside Platform and Engineering architects to support roadmaps including on-premises and cloud architectures using Azure or AWS
- Automate and enhance processes across solutions layers (Mobile, Web, API, Microservices and Database)
- Configure and enhance CI/CD tools as per architecture requirements
- Be responsible for a Gitflow overhaul and smart commit configurations
- Identity and eliminate manual processes, and define automation strategy (runbook and self-service)
- Support the engineering teams in growing and maintaining the Infrastructure as code / Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Support build and release processes for multiple solution layers including front-end (Mobile and Web), API, Microservices and Database across all environments
- Monitor on-premises and cloud infrastructures through APM platforms
The candidate must have proven hands-on
experience in all areas outlined below.
- Proven hands-on 5+ years of experience supporting and maintaining on-premises and/or cloud infrastructures in a DevOps-related role
- Proven hands-on 2+ years of experience working with cloud computing (AWS and/or Azure)
- Minimum 10+ years experience in the software development area
- Proven experience with Systems Administration using Linux (Redhat, CentOS) and/or Microsoft Windows Server, as well as containerized architectures (Docker and/or Kubernetes)
- Vast experience with CI/CD (TeamCity, Azure DevOps, and/or Jenkins) integrating with either on-premises or cloud-based platforms
- Must have a solid knowledge of automating processes/code in Python, PowerShell, Rust, or another modern language
- Strong experience with Networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, firewalls, LAN/WAN, Traceroute, Wireshark, cURL and/or related)
- Exposure to IaC and hands-on experience with application and database deployment concepts (Blue/Green, Canary)
- Having a good grasp of infrastructure hardening (cloud and on-premises) and enhancing the SDLC through security tooling (SAST, DAST, IAST, MAST)
- Experience with modern application packaging, deployment, containerization, and other supporting tools (SonarQube, Checkmarx, Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Experience designing/implementing or working (e.g. Sensu, Prometheus, Graphite, Statsd) and log management (e.g. ELK, Splunk) solutions
- Experience with new generation distributed monitoring and log aggregating frameworks such as Prometheus, Kafka, Splunk, and ElasticSearch
- Previous exposure to logging and monitoring platforms such as AppDynamics, DataDog, and NewRelic
- Azure or AWS DevOps certification
- Experience with software development in any of the following frameworks: .NET Framework or .NET Core, NodeJS, PHP (Drupal)
- Experience with database automation through DevOps tooling.
- Experience with some of the following tools: Ansible / Packer / Puppet / Terraform.
- Experience with mobile test automation and deployment using AWS Device Farm, MS AppCenter, or similar.