We are looking for a Rolling Contract role "Senior Ruby Developer" to join our client's rapidly growing IT development and software consulting company in London, UK.
Global Dining Platform Solutions is looking for a senior back-end Ruby developer to help build and maintain the core of our web-based products. You will work closely with our Lead Back-end Developer and Product Managers. In this role, you should be a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills as well as having a strong experience in using Ruby to build fast and scalable APIs.
- Produce clean and efficient code based on specifications
- Integrate software components and third-party services
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Help to maintain, and improve, the code quality and organization
- Mentor junior developers
- SOLID understanding of Object-Oriented programming
- A knack for writing clean reusable code
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails along with the most common libraries such as RSpec, sidekiq, grape.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Proficiency with data storage solutions, we use PostgreSQL and Redis
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for bench-marking and optimization
- Highly focused on writing TDD code
- Good understanding of the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with Continuous integration.