Project Engineering Manager (PEM)
15+ years of experience
Sub sea and Pipeline projects experience is mandatory
- Demonstrates the ability to coordinate with other disciplines and the Client, assign and supervise individual
work assignments, and effectively manage scope, budgets, and schedule for engineering activities.
- Leads the project's engineering team to ensure the design meets the contract's scope, schedule and quality
requirements, and the work is performed within budget.
- Holds technical authority for decision making on all engineering matters, while obtaining inputs from
functional discipline managers on specific discipline issues if necessary
- Minimum 15 years experience working as a design engineer in an office performing detail design of offshore drilling and production facilities
- BSc. /Degree in Engineering
- Should have good communication skills and experience in leading a multi-cultural engineering team. A minimum of five years of that experience should have been in the position of Lead Discipline Engineer on a project of similar size and scope.
- Shall have demonstrated the ability to coordinate with other disciplines and the Client, assign and supervise individual work assignments, and effectively manage scope, budgets, and schedule for engineering activities
- Reports to: Project Manager / Project Director
- Supervises: The Engineering Team assembled for the Project. Primarily, Lead Discipline Engineers,Lead Designers and Project Engineers, depending on how the project is organized.
- Liaise With: Managers within JRM's Engineering offices as necessary on matters of resource needs, personnel administration, quality assurance, training, etc.
- For larger or more complex projects, the PEM should have an appropriate greater level of experience. Considering the complexities of managing a large multi-discipline team, the PEM should have experience as an interface coordinator or deputy PEM.