The Rapid Application Development and Business Intelligence team is responsible for the management reporting and analytics functions for Corporate Technology, supporting departments such as Finance, Human Resources, Investor Relations, Business Development and others. We produce well-designed and supportable reports, dashboards, and ad-hoc reporting solutions that provide insight and decision support to our business counterparts. We rely heavily on the Microsoft SQL Server BI stack, though with Tableau as our primary dashboard platform. This role focuses on the maintenance and continued development of our underlying data warehouse, the building of ETL's using Python and the Prefect ETL framework, and the construction of CI/CD data pipelines for our various SSRS reports and SSAS Tabular models. We are looking for a strong SQL architect with experience building and maintaining data warehouses and the data pipelines to load them. Strong Python skills (especially in the data science realm, such as pandas, numpy, etc) are required, and SSAS Tabular/Power BI experience is a plus. The nature of our team requires significant communication with end users, so strong user empathy and communication skills are also a requirement.
- Building of ETL processes using Python and the Prefect framework
- Development of CI/CD pipelines for our various tools and technologies (SSRS, SSAS, SQL Server db objects)
- Rapid development of clean, supportable applications and processes using Python,Powershell and/or SQL
- Work closely with business users to understand the various business processes that make up our users' day-to-day responsibilities and helping to identify areas of improvement.
- Ongoing development of management reports and reporting solutions using SSAS Tabular and SSRS.
- Continued maintenance and build out of our internal data warehouse/datamarts.
- Strong Python data-engineering skills (5+ years experience), including pandas, numpy,FastAPI and/or Flask
- Strong SQL development skills, including data warehousing concepts and development practices.
- Experience building processes that supply and consume data using RESTful services
- Experience building and consuming RESTful services.
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop positive relationships with business partners.
- A strong attention to detail, eye for good design and a desire to continually improve and optimize.
- Strong knowledge of DAX whether via experience with PowerBI or SSAS Tabular Working knowledge of SSIS
- Knowledge of concepts behind good data visualization and UX design
- Experience working with front office business data and processes.