Transportation Manager is responsible for managing the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the organisation and responsible for managing the efficient running of a company's fleet of vehicles. Fleet management includes commercial motor vehicles such as cars, vans and trucks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Efficiently manage transport service providers including, but not limited to, cost effectiveness, control of expenditure, service excellence and purchase order management using SAP.
- Oversees cost control and KPI performance, actively seeking to improve efficiency, reduce operating costs.
- Take the lead role in Project Planning, Project Costing, Project Budget and Project Contract Management.
- Obtain and maintain truck licensing and registrations.
- Dealing with the effects of congestion.
- Monitor spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
- Analyse expenditures and other financial information in order to develop plans, policies, and budgets for increasing profits and improving services.
- Recommend or authorize capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment or property in order to increase efficiency and services of operations department.
- Ensuring company compliance of all transport policies, legislation and procedures.
- Making sure that all transport fleet vehicles are properly maintained and serviced.
- Organizing vehicle checks.
- Identifying operational issues, potential problems and opportunities.
- Resolving and managing queries and complaints courteously and efficiently.
- Appraising staff performance and also taking disciplinary measures when required.
- Ensuring all site and customer objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for all accidents investigations.
Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor in Supply Chain or Material