Jobskey Consultancy UK LTD are actively recruiting an experienced Software Developer in Test behalf of our client who is delivery-focused IT consultancy with over 25 years’ software delivery and IT advisory experience.
As part of continued growth within their award-winning Assurance Practice, they’re looking for exceptional Software Developers in Test with strong Open Source or C# development skills (or both). This role involves the delivery of test automation on a range of solutions that we will be delivered totheir clients.
The successful candidates will be involved in the development of test automation frameworks, scripting of automated tests, maintenance, execution and enhancement of test scripts and frameworks, all integrated into a continuous build environment. In addition to the technical requirements, the role involves implementing best-practice testing, test automation and BDD practices.
Working as part of a wider delivery team, you will be responsible for coding automated test scripts; making a contribution to the planning, design and implementation of Test automation frameworks.
This is a client facing role that will require the successful candidate to have ideally worked in a consultancy or client facing environment before or certainly have a desire to do so.
- As a seasoned Technologist, you will have a strong desire and track record for delivering high quality and sometimes complex testing solutions
- You will have strong technical skills with C# or Java and excellent API Testing skills
- You will have implemented Automated Testing solutions and have experience of using automation tools, such as Selenium, Cucumber or Gherkin
- Experience of working in an Agile environment before would be advantageous
- As a Tester, you will have Agile skills and experience of creating test scenarios and acceptance tests against user stories
- You will have experience of NUnit Test development and an understanding of Object- Orientated (OO) design
- You will be expected to have skills using distributed source control (i.e. Git) and using JSON/XML object
- Consultancy experience would be beneficial, but by no means essential
Our client undertakes a wide variety of work and although no two engagements are the same, a Technical Tester engagement will typically be involved in:
- Functional & Non-Functional Testing Projects
- Working within a team on the end-to-end delivery of Functional & Non-Functional testing assignments for their clients
- It is the Test Manager’s responsibility to ensure the assess performance, load, security as well as integration testing is delivered to a more than satisfactory level
- You may need to support in the creation of test plans, scripts and other supporting documents
- Clients turn to our client for their Test Management capabilities therefore you’ll be required to provide services such as advice on Testing best practice, Software Development, Automation and toolsets
- Engagements may be delivered from clientoffices - an element of travel is part of the job
In addition to project delivery responsibilities, the successful candidate will be involved in initiatives to support continuous improvement objectives, including:
- Participation in and development of the Infrastructure practice
*We welcome applicants from the EU looking to relocate to the UK. Unfortunately, we are not able to accept applications from those requiring visa sponsorship*
- Process improvement across the organisation
- Bid and proposition development
- Recruitment and interviewing