The Service Manager is expected to provide excellent customer service experiences and maintain strong relations with manufacturers, sales consultants, and clients. As such, Service Manager must be a positive energetic leader who excels in working in a collaborative environment.
The Service Manager will oversee all technical and aftersales service matters related to the built-in kitchen appliances including electrical and gas operated products. The service manager will set up a team of field and in-house technicians for carrying out the repairs. The service manager will work closely with Sales team, clients and other stakeholders within the organization.
The service manager is expected to setup a service center for servicing home appliances from scratch and develop the necessary SOPs, processes, and documentation. The Service Manager is also required to manage the spare parts related to the products.
1. Extensive knowledge and understanding of the manufactured products including refrigeration, cooking
and dish-washing equipment.
2. Establishes and maintains processes and communication structures in order to meet established
customer needs for parts and service.
3. Oversees team members performing inspections, preparing reports, and doing repairs; if necessary,
carries out these job duties personally to ensure highest quality of work.
4. Coordinate with all the technicians and provide the daily appointment schedules to outdoor service
5. Accurately diagnose and repair appliances/equipment in the customer's home.
6. Provide cost estimates for repairs/installations and collect payment and/or payment information from
customers for work performed.
7. Regularly audits work being done and customer service being provided to ensure all standards are met
and that repair work is carried out effectively, correctly, and thoroughly.
8. Manage and update invoices for end customers.
9. Check and inspect all service team tools, replace/issue new tools if required.
10. Act as liaison with other functional areas, such as Appliances Divisions, and Operations to find
preventative and permanent resolutions for products and customers.
11. Managing Spare Parts requirements for repairs.
12. Suggesting and implementing improvements to customer service.
13. Act as the highest source of information for all service, parts inventory, and product-knowledge
concerns and work process matters (for both employees and customers).
14. Oversee and ensure that all safety rules are being followed at all sites at all times.
15. Should be available to attend the technical and aftersales training sessions as and when organized by
16. Performs other related jobs as when required as per instructions from Operation Head.
A combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in a related technical area (i.e.
At least 3 years in a leading a team in a Service Manager role or similar, and/or at least 5 years
in a service support role in the appliances market or a similar industry.